3.10.2011

It's all about 'The Girls'!

It's Girl Scouts Birthday Week!

In lieu of our weekly meeting, our troop took a field trip to The Women's Museum in Dallas, and let me just say: WOW!



I mean, look at this place!


And this is just the lobby!
(not to mention it's a phone pic)

What a great place to visit with our girl troop on International Women's Day!

What was I thinking not even bringing my camera?

But, we were promptly informed that we couldn't take pictures in any of the galleries... :( bummer.

(but my phone doesn't even have a flash... Something something copyright infringement, etc, ...darn!)

Seriously, I take copyright very seriously. Seriously.

But...

since she clearly stated that it was specifically the items on exhibit that potentially constituted infringement of some sort, and because my iPhone doesn't even have a flash that could potentially damage the artifacts (or accidentally get me busted), and because this building was just so amazing and beautiful, and it's very purpose was to celebrate the incredible women in our history who were responsible for where we women are today, (usually by breaking some rules)...







I really couldn't help myself, but these were the only ones i took, and I was very careful not to get any of the exhibits in the photos! :/

Don't judge.

Anyway...

My life lately seems to revolve around this scout program, so I'm thinking I'd like to get to the root of what the girl scouts organization is all about.

Why did this woman start this scouting group for girls 99 years ago?

...I get the feeling she was a bit of a mover and shaker in her day too.

And I'm thinking that the original spirit and purpose of the Girl Scouts is probably something that is much more in alignment with my personal values system.

I'm thinking I'm going to find out.

Why can't I just go along with the flow and not question things?

I don't know really, it seems like things would be simpler if I could, but it seems that I'm afflicted with the need to really know the why's of things, and really believe in the things we do.

Maybe I'm just feeling all 'girl power' after visiting the Womens museum; or maybe I was meant to be a mover and shaker? ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment